Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Visit at Vektar's

It's actually my first time to meet an online friend. hehe. I've only known Vek from gundam-eclipse.com forum as well as talk at skype. He's a really nice guy and shares similar views as me, which is quite nice as we're usually on the same page. hehe. Since he's near my area compared to other GE members, I decided to go visit him and have a little gunpla building session. I always wanted to share my kits to my immediate friends, but none shares the same passion as I have. Well now, I have at least one friend that I have shared a kit with. ^_^

Vek's place is quite nice, he lives near the center of the city and convenient to go around places. I got greeted by two of their family chihuahua, there's bebe and forgot the guy's name. lol. Then in his room, which is in spacious and in order- I really need to fix my room one of these days. haha. I finally saw his Master Grades which nicely display on top of his huge HD TV. I also get a glimpsed of what the gundam series looks like in blu ray, I must say it's epic watching in HD.

We then decided to grab a bite out and check the locals, there's an ongoing anime convention. But we forgot our camera. d'oh. We went to a gourmet pizza place and stuffed ourselves with this awesome pizza that has thai chicken, shitake mushroom, garlic sauce and cilantro on one side then a ham and pineapple with other seasoning at the other half. We then set off to check the local hobby stores. Found some great old kits on the first one. Then we went off to check out D&J Hobby (I think that's the name) and got modelling supplies. I got myself a hobby knife, fine grit sandpaper, and Tamiya paints for my upcoming Banshee customs. ^_^

We went back and started building SD kits, I shared my 2nd SD Cobra Maru. I also brought one of my SD and we did a Built Challenge on who'll build it first. I didn't realize that i have less parts and thus finished earlier than him. We also played a bit of Versus games on his PS3. I got pwned a bit in Tekken 5. lol.

Overall, it's a fun experience. I finally able to share my hobby with someone in person which I rarely get a chance to. I wish to find more ppl around my area willing to hang out. But I will definitely visit Vektar in the near future, g2g back to that pizza place. lol.

Thanks again Vek for an awesome day checking out stores around your area and having fun with gunpla.

,,V,^_^,V,,

(and now off to a camping trip for two days. lol)

1 comment:

  1. What's that pizza place called? It sounded so good. hhhehe

    ReplyDelete