Thursday, June 3, 2010

Camping Trip

I had an interesting first time experience camping with my family and friends at Pinecrest. It's really fun especially if the group you're in is huge. The trip going there is quite exhaustive as it's 3 hours just sitting and waiting. I did bring a gundam kit, advance hazel, with me to work on. I manage to finish the main body by the time I arrive there, and work on accessories sometime in the afternoon while waiting for dinner.

I actually don't know what to expect to a camping trip. I thought there would be more pesky bugs bothering me. But there's hardly, well there's on occassion minute spiders that will drop down on you. lol. I don't mind them, if I have it would just drive me crazy. I did find cool, creepy and interested bugs which i took a digital macro shots with my camera. I also took some nature shots with my SD Gundams: Alex and Zaku. hehe. Having a nature as a background does make the kits more epic. ^_^

I also had fun playing with the kids over there. One of 'em is really good in chess, which i got 'pwned' a couple of times, I only beat him once when he went easy on me. haha. We also had a fun time chowing down on grilled shrimps covered in garlic sauce and other yummy dishes brought by one family. Actually each family pitched in to a meal, my family was set for the next day's lunch. As most camping goes, we also had a campfire and melted some marshmallows. I find it easier to toast 'em near the edge of the ember, as suppose to the top. I got quite a sugar rush that night, which followed by a drowsy state afterwards. lol.

One thing i forgot to bring was a flashlight. It was so dark and there's only a handful of light source. The light from the cellphone was okay, but still a bit difficult to manage with. Good thing my dad brought his. It's a bit difficult to sleep at night. I'm actually used to sleeping at the ground, so no problem there. I had my own tent and I slept with luna, our chihuahua. She has a tendency to snuggle near your neck. I initially had her inside my jacket wrap near my body and arms. But she manage to crawl up to my sleeves and to my shoulder. lol. It was cold that night, good thing I like cold. But from time to time I hear my family talk, I guess they can't sleep due to the temperature or something.

Then my dad start calling Luna. O_o. She sprung out from my jacket and tried to get out of the tent. I tried a couple of times to calm her and put her back in, but no avail. I eventually asked my dad to pick her up...lol. The following morning it's quite cold and a bit moist from the morning dew. They're already starting breakfast and another day for my camping trip.

Overall, I really like my camping experience. We'll do it again this coming September. I'll be sure to bring my flashlight and maybe more gunpla. hehe.


Gunpla:
- I finished working on my SD Zaku Eggplane. Quite happy how it turned out. ^_^
- I'll be making my 4Koma (4 panel comic) using my SD kits for Z's contests (gunpla-inochi.com)
- Soon I'll be painting DokkanMaru
- I'll also be doing some vids later tonight regarding the gashapon djinn (i think that's what it's called).
- Still waiting for the result of 2old4toys contest. I hope I win. hehe.

Other things:
- I need to fix my schedule....need to find a way to limit my gunpla to at the most 1-2 hours per night and not the whole night. lol.
- Need to work on fixing my sister's computer...
- Also I need to contact my cousin and friend to play Magic: The Gathering this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment