Friday, May 22, 2009

Drenom

Here's my latest Stikfas Custom: Drenom

Meads Symbiote with tongue 001.jpg

How'd ya come up with the name?
~I wanted to make a 2 symbiote 1 host custom. I'm actually making it for SM, who likes venom. So that leaves me to come up with another one. I actually started with a dragon-like with armor symbiote on the right side.

Drenom

Hence, the name Drenom.

Why is there a plant-like symbiote now?
~The dragon is a big "if" to make. Doesn't really seem to fit the whole thing. After watching Star Trek (2009) movie, the part where kirk is being chased by an alien. The alien's mouth reminded me of tremors. And from that, I thought a carnivorous plant would fit the custom better. I'm happy it did.

How'd you make it?
~You can check my WIP here

Other Thoughts...
~ I really like how it turned out. I was experimenting with the fishing line so simulate fiber-like network of venom to reanimate the decayed left side. The metallic wash really worked well in my opinion. Thanks for Benjamin (and Zi for that details) with that suggestion. I'm also happy with the use of paperclip for the teeth. Turned out well also. One thing I found missing, which kinda sticks out to my critics, is the lack of sanding of the sculpt before painting. I for one don't have sandpaper, lazy to get one. I use my box cutter to trim off the surface a bit. But i'm going for texture and irregularities of the symbiotes that why i didn't go for further sanding. Well hopefully i'll find some soon for my custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment