Friday, May 29, 2009

Bunnies (Coin Bank)

Bunnies 019

I started making 'em 2 weeks ago. Finally got 'em last wednesday. I made three for the fear that I won't be able to recreate my sculptures. It is usually that way with my other ceramic piece such as my fish and turtle. I really like how they turn out. Cute and simple. hehe.

What did you use?
- I use sandstone clay. I inflated a water balloon with air to a desired size. Wrap it around with 1/4" slab clay. (1/8" is better but trickier as well--too thin) Sculpted and scored the ears, nose, feet and tail. I cut a slit on top for the coin bank. And for each, I added something unique such as the carrot clips and flower. As for the glazes, I coated each with clear glaze. I used dynasty red for the nose and mandarin orange for the carrot. I think i used forrest green for the leafy part of the carrot. As for the eyes, I painted 'em with acrylic paint using a toothpick.

Who's getting 'em?
The big one in the middle will probably go to my sister. I owe her one. The last bunny sculpture, eye glass holder wasn't up to par. hehe. The two other small ones will be given as gift to my classmates who have been nice to me.

Other thoughts?
Might give it another try to make another batch of these when ceramic class starts again. Maybe give them an eyebrow and other fancy decoration. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment